Saturday, March 12, 2011

You don't need gas to shop online

So last weekend, I made my first online scrapbooking purchase. I know...it's nothing new to most crafters out there but for to me, it was a first and it was FUN! I have been waiting for my LSS to bring in Graphic 45's Curtain Call. I just couldn't wait anymore and headed over to BlueMoonScrapbooking.com. That website was the first one to pop in my head since it is so prominently featured in many of the haul videos that I obsessively watch on youtube. I just enjoyed walking down the virtual aisles and throwing things into my cart. And you will not believe how much I was thinking about our letter carrier this week...crazy. I totally cleaned up my scrap desk so that my new scrappy products would be impressed when I took them out of the box and welcomed them to their new home. Ooooh...I love my new paper collection and I can't wait to get altering.

While I was down at the online store, I noticed that they have a blog. On this blog, they have challenges! I love challenges because they give you new ideas to work with. It's pretty exciting creating on a deadline and it's fun to see how other people interpret the challenge.

For the month of March, they are featuring Julie Bonner's first sketch challenge:



and here's my layout:





 Her sketch is super cute and it was fun to put together.

Oh! And....I actually made a list of everything (almost everything) that I used on this layout. I've started taking notice of these lists when I visit blogs and I'm trying to get into the habit myself. I am a mixer and matcher of products, I just love the look of different collections brought together. I have fun matching things up in my own way.

Ok, the list already:

patterned paper: K&Co Addison Blue Garden Swirls, PinkPaislee-House of Tree-Parisian Anthology, DCWV Be Mine, October Afternoon-The Thrift Shop-Good Junk
scalloped circle: Lily Bee French Couture
stickers: Webster's Pages Hollywood, Prima
ribbon: May Arts
die-cuts: K&Co Cut N Paste (mason jar & yellow button)
Tim Holtz film strip & tissue tape
paper ribbon: Creative Imaginations
heart locket: Prima Marion Smith collection (love her!)
flowers: Prima & Recollections (aren't they the same thing...kinda?)
Distress Inks: tumbled glass (my fave), walnut stain (of course), pumice stone, vintage photo and peeled paint
heart stamp- Making Memories Love Struck
metal butterfly- Recollections
and a tiny, itty, bitty, sliver of G45 paper

I don't know if I did that right. I left out the adhesives to make the list appear shorter. Have a scrappy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog =) I like Bluemoon too. They have great customer service and are quick to ship.
    I love your layout. It's really cute. love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Your take on the sketch is so fun!!! :) (and great job on your list!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture. Love the little jar image and that border paper is stunning with the light blue. Would have never thought of combining the two but I just love it. Oh and awesome butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete